In Cold Blood
The Bleeding Horse, Camden Street, Dublin.
19th July 2011
One Sentence Summaries
Tiger McGavin: Was Perry chicken? Did Dick hit cock? These questions were left unanswered and they were effectively left hanging.
Atticus McCarthy: Perfect execution.
Carl Jameson: How do I feel about In Cold Blood? Luke warm.
William Clay: It was good but was there too much Clutter?
Whitby Syme: Had I met Truman Capote while reading this, I would have been in danger of committing a true crime of my own.
Mycroft Webb: Hot paper!
Tiger McGavin: 67/83
Quincey Morrisness: 5/10
Well Writteness: 12/13
Atticus McCarthy: 62/83
Quincey Morrisness: 10/15
Execution: 18/20 *
* Clay & Webb commented it should have been 2 out of 2.
William Clay: 49/83
True Crimeness: 37/63
Carl Jameson: 49/83
Well Writteness: 14/20
Food for thought: 17/20
Quincey Morrisness: 8/10
Mycroft Webb: 60/83
Quincey Morrisness: 7/16
Well Writteness: 13/15
Whitby Syme: 45/83
Food for thought: 5/10
Extra points: 2/13
In Cold Blood earned a QMBC rating of 55.3 / 83.
- A Death in Summer by Benjamin Black
- Carte Blance by Jeffrey Deaver
Solar by Ian McEwan (vetoed by Atticus McCarthy)
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Flashman by George MacDonald Fraser
- Map of a Nation by Rachel Hewitt
- Netherland by Joseph O'Neill
- Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson
- Letters from My Windmill by Alfone Daudet
Scorpion Patrol by Soldier X (later revealed to be a fictional book appearing in TV show Peep Show)
|A Death in Summer||-||-||100||300||-||-||400|
|Map of a Nation||100||-||-||-||-||-||100|
|Letters from My Windmill||300||300||-||-||-||100||700|
Next: Letters from my Windmill